March 24, 2017

Successfully Matched 100,000 Bonus Marriott Points

Earlier in the year, I wrote about Top 3 Cards for My New Year's 2017's Resolutions. The verdict is I applied for those cards and got all approved. One of the cards that I applied for was the Personal Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. At the time, the sign up bonus was 80,000 Marriott Points after $3,000 spent in the first 3 months from account opening and additional 7,500 Marriott Points for adding an authorized user. Up until earlier this week, there was another higher sign up bonus of 100,000 Marriott Points after $5,000 spent in the first 3 months from account opening and the same additional 7,500 Marriott Points for adding an authorized user. Unfortunately, that higher offer was a targeted offer so it wasn't publicly available.



Up until today, the 100,000 Marriott Points sign up bonus offer is now publicly available (Link). Right after I learned that information, it hit me right away to go check 'when' I opened my Marriott card. The reason for that is because Chase has this policy that if you sign up for their credit card and the sign up bonus is increased within 90 days, you can request Chase to match you to that higher sign up bonus.

My card was opened on January 4th, 2017 - that means I am still in the 90 days window and thus I do qualify for requesting Chase to match that higher sign up bonus. I went ahead and used secured message to ask Chase to match and they promptly responded the following:

"Thank you for contacting us to match the 100,000 bonus 
reward points offer.

We will be glad to match the new sign up bonus offer of 
100,000 bonus reward points on your account, if you spend 
the total amount of $5,000.00 in 3 months from the account
open date.

We request you to reply to this e-mail on spending 
$5,000.00 in purchases within 3 months from account open 
date and we will add 20,000 bonus reward miles to your 
account."

My previous offer was only 80,000 bonus points after $3,000 spent in 3 months. But because this new 100,000 bonus points offer requires $5,000 spent in 3 months, I have to spend additional $2,000 before April 4th, 2017 in order to get additional 20,000 Marriott Points. Fair enough! So, it's time for me to be productive on how to put additional $2,000 dollars on the card prior to April 4th.

Conclusion:
This is the highest sign up bonus of Chase Marriott Premier Credit Card that I have seen.
  • If you have not had this card and have been wanting to apply for it, I'd pull the trigger now but only if you do not have 5 or more credit card accounts on your credit report as Chase will deny you for that simple one reason. For more information about the benefits of this card, read my Best Hotel Credit Cards article. 
  • If you have applied for this card in the past 90 days with lower sign up bonus, send secured message to Chase to request that they match you to this 100,000 bonus points. If you have not spent $5,000 on the card, you will be required to spend additional $2,000 in order to get that additional 20,000 points. Even if you don't think you can spend additional $2,000 now, just go ahead and request for the match now and worry about the spending later. 


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment