January 28, 2017

How To Get Better American Express Credit Cards Signup Bonuses

From time to time, American Express website implements what they call "Dynamic Link" to display certain signup bonuses of their credit cards to consumers. With the offers being "dynamic" there's no magical way to know for sure when and what kind of offers you will be getting. However, you can be certain that the signup bonus offers are typically better than the public offers. The offers also do not stay forever on your computer's screen. In other words, the offers might be gone if you browse away and come back. American Express agents cannot help you either as they are not able to generate the offer code that you missed.

Get Increased Signup Bonuses Of American Express Credit Cards

Incognito Or Private Browsers
It is known that if you launch your Internet browsers in Incognito or Private mode, then navigate to the following URL: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/view-all-personal-cards/?inav=menu_cards_pc_viewallcards - you may receive increased signup bonuses for their credit cards. For example, the typical public Amex Everyday Credit Card's offer is only 10,000 bonus points, but when I did the above trick, sometimes I got the sign up bonus of the same card for 15,000 bonus points. Others have seen an even better offer of 25,000 bonus points like the screenshot above.

Browse As You Normally Do
If the above trick does not work for you, don't be disappointed! Just browse to Amex credit cards website as you normally do. From my personal experience, the Incognito or Private browsers trick above usually did not work out good for me. Instead, I just went to American Express website and clicked on Personal Cards. At the time, I was offered three good signup bonuses cards (screenshot above). One of which is the 25,000 bonus points of the Amex Everyday Credit Card with no annual fee. I was hesitant to apply and sure enough the offer disappeared after I browsed away on my personal computer to compare some cards and their benefits. I could not get the offer back! Later I did the exact same steps using my work computer in a different ISP network and was able to see that 25k bonus points offer again without doing any Incognito or Private browsers trick.

Final Thought
One of my 2017's resolutions is to get the American Express Everyday Credit Card. One of the perks of this card is the ability to earn American Express Membership Rewards Points and transfer them to airline and hotel loyalty programs with NO ANNUAL FEE. I'm so glad that I was able to take advantage of the 25,000 bonus points and not the public 10,000 bonus points offer by doing one of the methods above.

There you have it! Let me know which method works better out for you to get increased signup bonuses of American Express credit cards. Good luck!

This article has been added to the Travel Resources page.


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment