January 9, 2017

Hotel Review: Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown


During our visit to the Twin Cities, I used the Club Carlson's free night certificate to stay at the Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown. Here's my review of that property based of my personal experience there:
Beautiful Design of Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown's Lobby

Price & Award Night Stay

During peak season, the room rate can get up to $300-$400 per night. This is a top tier Club Carlson's hotel category 7 that requires 70,000 points for a free night stay. We used the annuals free night certificate that was issued by the Club Carlson credit card to stay here for free during our visit to the Twin Cities.

Location:

The location of this Radisson Blu is very convenient as it's located in downtown of Minneapolis. Nearby, there's a light rail station, making it easy to go sightsee, to go to airport, and even Saint Paul.

Conveniently Located Near Light Rail To See The US Bank's Viking Stadium

Room:

The room to me was so so. Clearly, I didn't get upgraded room during my stay though I have Gold status with Club Carlson. The bed is comfortable. There's a desk and chair, standard design, and the window isn't big enough to enjoy skylines.

Comfortable King Bed Standard Room
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown Stanard Room
Bathroom

Service:

I was very dissatisfied with the whole service experience there. For a top tier hotel, I'd expect consistent Radisson Blu service. During my check in, I wasn't recognized as Gold status, that might be why I didn't get room upgraded. I also didn't receive any welcome gift as stated in the benefits for Gold Elite member of Club Carlson. The front desk girl also appeared to be stand off and unfriendly. That really is the downside of this hotel to me.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for a hotel right in the downtown of Minneapolis to redeem your annual club Carlson credit card's free night certificate in the US, you should consider Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown. If you are going to pay to stay there and with that expensive room rate, I would consider somewhere else. Their standard room is just mediocre and depending on your luck, I hope you get better service than I did.

Check out more articles on Minnesota


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment