January 25, 2017

5 Overrated European Landmarks

#5 The Little Mermaid Statue in Copenhagen, Denmark
While I enjoyed very much walking down the waterfront to the area where the Little Mermaid statue is at, I am not so impressed by the statue itself. I can't quite understand what is the hype about this statue to attract so many visitors there. People were taking pictures and posing with the statue like it's a "must see" in Copenhagen.

The Little Mermaid Statue In Copenhagen Denmark!

#4 Manneken Pis Statue in Brussels, Belgium
This is yet another statue of a little naked boy urinating into the a fountain's basin. I still cannot wrap my head around the idea of this being a landmark. The sculptured boy even get dressed some time and attracts many visitors to go get pictures taken with it. I even bought a magnet souvenir that has that boy on it. What can I say? I thought it was funny yet silly! It'd make a good story telling about Brussels.

One Magnet A Visit of Brussels!
Manneken Pis Statue in Brussels Belgium

#3 The Strike of Astronomical Clock in Prague, Czech Republic
So I think the Astronomical Clock is really nice with the detailed design and all, and it's something anyone that visits Prague should go see it. What I don't quite get is that, tourists surround that area waiting for the clock to strike that comes with only a few minutes show. But the area is so crowded that it was very difficult to walk because people are not moving and just waiting for the "strike show" that lasts only for a few minutes, but they want to block the pedestrian street for more than a few minutes.

Astronomical Clock in Prague, Czech Republic

#2 Casa (Houses) By Antoni Gaudi in Barcelona, Spain
Admittedly, I am a fan of Antoni Gaudi's work as well. His masterpieces are all over Barcelona. When I was researching on things to do in Barcelona, I saw Casa this Casa that and how beautiful they are, etc. I agree that they are beautiful, but isn't that really necessary to go all over Barcelona to see each Casa/house? Not to mention, each house has admission fees to go in or join a tour. Wow!

Casa Batllo In Barcelona Spain

#1 Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France
I save the best for last! There's no deny that this palace is so beautiful but it's little bit overrated. Although this place is easily reached by train from Paris, the process of getting tickets on site and entering the palace is a nightmare. It's not the fault of the palace, but rather there are way too many people and thus the line is super long. When you get into the palace, you would think you have enough space to look at things inside. Nope! The crowds are so huge that the possibility of you stepping on another person's toes is pretty high. There's even a warning about being careful of pickpockets because everyone is standing so close to each other. I did not enjoy the the tour of the palace. Wth all the effort and time that I put in just to see this palace, it's not that worthwhile to spend my day in France.

Lines Outside of Versailles Palace In France


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment