April 22, 2016

New Working Link for Hilton Status Match


The Hilton Status Match was going on since early April this year. I was waiting to submit the request for the status match because I have not had any previous stays with IHG, the hotel program that I want to use for this status match's request with Hilton. I recently visited New Orleans and stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the French Quarter's area, therefore, I am eligible to submit my request now.

It does not have to be IHG program. See the fine print below:
"To match your status with Hilton HHonors Silver, Gold or Diamond status, you must provide your Hilton HHonors account number and proof of current tier status with Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, IHG Rewards Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, Choice Privileges, or other hotel loyalty program"

I bookmarked the status match link since then, but it appears that link is no longer working. It just redirects me to the Hilton's main webpage. After research, there's a new link that works and I was able to submit my request today.

For Comparison:
  Old Link: https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/
New Link: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com

What Is Status Match? And Why?

Each hotel's loyalty program provides status to members when they complete certain tasks such as staying x amount of paid night stays. The higher status you have, the better benefits you will get when you stay with that specific hotel chains such as earning bonus points per night stay, early check-in or late check-out, complimentary room upgrade, free Internet, free welcome gifts, etc. It'll make your stay more fun and respected by hotel's staff! My current status with Hilton is GOLD, and the higher status from that is DIAMOND, which is also the highest Hilton's status. So by submitting my Platinum Elite status with IHG for status match with Hilton, I assume I should be getting the Hilton's Diamond status. I'll report later once my request has been honored. 

This status match's request is an easy way to get to higher status with certain hotel's program without having to spend several money on night stays. In order to be eligible for Hilton's status match, here are the two requirements you need to submit: 

"Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. Acceptable forms of stay validation include a screenshot of your previous reservations or hotel receipt, redacting any personal information other than your name and membership number. We accept .jpg files only. Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information)."

Once the request is approved, the Hilton HHonors elite tier status will be valid through March 2018. Woohoo!

So today I submitted that request. I attached webpage screenshots of my membership status with IHG and another email screenshot of my recent stays with IHG's Crowne Plaza in New Orleans. After submitting that, I got the following message: 

"Thanks for requesting status with Hilton HHonors. We’re processing and validating your request. Please allow up to 10 business days for your account to be updated."

Fingers crossed!


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment