April 25, 2016

My Recent Frustrating Experience With Orbitz Customer Service


Orbitz customer service is my worst enemy. I avoid calling them as much as I can. I hate calling them to try to resolve anything. Yesterday I had to call in to inquire them about an email that I received from the Best Price Guaranteed team. I wasn't sure what items they were talking about in the email. My call got routed to this agent, she sounded too professional and everything she said seems to be scripted. I repeated myself several times what I was asking about, but she just kept reading things from her computer about Best Price Guaranteed program, in which I knew about and had nothing to do with my question. I hate when an agent is talking in a circle because s/he doesn't know the answer to the question. So I asked for the supervisor and she said that, the wait would be about 2 hours!!! I politely said okay, let me try to explain to you again what I'm trying to do here. By now, she sounded irritated because I asked for her supervisor earlier, and she had no more desire to listen to me. It was so frustrating that I gave up and screamed on the phone "your customer service is awful awful!" and hung up! I was driving at the time and by the time I got home, I logged on to my computer and shared my experience with Orbitz via email. This is what I said:

I called in this afternoon around 3:30pm and was routed to a very rude customer service agent. I just want to let you know that because I feel like I was being treated with no respect as a Platinum member of Orbitz. I am very very disappointed that you have such an agent employed there.

Over the year, I booked several travels with them both flights and hotels, hence the Platinum stauts. I was very mad that once again their customer service sucks!! I typed up that complain to them mainly to vent my anger and an FYI for Orbitz. They replied cordially and offered me a $25 coupon to use for next hotel's booking. Honestly, I wasn't after any compensations, I was just so mad at that agent that I needed to tell Orbitz how I felt, especially when I have been nothing but their loyal customer for several years. The thing that I can't stay away from Orbitz is that they always have the 15% off most hotel deals and their Orbucks are convenient for me to earn and redeem.

End of rants!


If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment