April 5, 2016

How to Get Ready for Daily Getaways Offers

Yesterday, I bought 32,000 Choice Points for $132 from Daily Getaways promotion. I will put them into a very good use for my upcoming trip to Stockholm, Sweden this May. That's enough for 3 nights at Clarion Hotel Sign there. The regular rate for the night that I want to stay would have cost me 2047SEK (~$251USD) per night. Instead, I only pay for $44 a night using the Choice Points that I bought.

For those that are not familiar with this, Daily Getaways is an annual program that offers lucrative travel deals at discounted prices. If you are into miles & points game, you will definitely find something there. The downside is, each offer capacity is limited and it's only available on a daily basis during the promotional period per year. Each offer goes on sale at 1:00pm ET each weekday. This year started on April 4, 2016 yesterday. The competition to get on this deal is very fierce, so you need to be ready for it as each deal can be sold out pretty quick.

Today, I am going to provide some tips on how to get ready for this.
  1. First and foremost, check out the Daily Getaways Calendar to make absolute sure which deal you want to purchase. 
  2. Make sure you have good/fast Internet connection or phone's data because you will be required to do some page refreshing. 
    • I used my iPhone's Safari browser to make a purchase yesterday, surprising it worked just fine. I was out and had no wifi, so I just used the data on my phone which was fast at the time. 
  3. Make sure you have your loyalty account or number ready for the specific deal that you will make a purchase, and have your credit card ready. 
  4. Come back to that Calendar site on the date that the deal becomes available before 1pm ET. Click on the ONLY deal that you prefer. Do not play the hesitation game here, figure out what you want from step 1, then just focus on that one and stay on that page. 
  5. There's no need to go insane and keep refreshing the page because the sale will go live only at 1pm ET. Refresh the page right around 12:58pm to 1:00pm ET should do the trick. 
  6. Once you see the "Buy" button becomes available, click on it right away. Once the purchase page is loaded, that deal is "locked" for you. Follow the screens to provide your information and credit card to make a purchase. 
    • If you receive the message that says the deal is locked for someone else please try again later. You can simply consider that the deal is sold out and you already missed out on that deal. I am not trying to be pessimistic here, but the competition is really insane and I hate to have you keep refreshing the page and clicking on that Buy button while you can move on with your other tasks. 
There you have it. So mainly figure out which deal you want and then come back to purchase right before 1:00pm ET time. Good luck!

If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here. I greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment