April 30, 2016

Earn Cash Back When You Shop Or Make Travel Reservations Online


Did you know that you can earn cash back every time you shop online with online stores such as eBay, Amazon, Overstock, etc.? Did you know that you can also earn cash back when you pay for your hotel and flight tickets online on Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com... even InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) website?

I personally enjoy shopping online but not as much as I enjoy making travel arrangements online. I love looking for deals and promotions that are available out there to help saving and cutting costs on travels. One of those favorite deals is the cash back portal sites.

How Does Cash Back Portal Sites Work?

As the name suggests, you will get cash back on your each eligible purchases. To make it easier to understand, I'll use Hotels.com as an example. 

Say I want to book a hotel on Hotels.com, if I go to the Hotels.com directly, besides the regular Hotels.com's rewards program, I will not earn any cash back at all on my prepaid reservation. However, if I go to a cash back site such as iConsumer, search for Hotels.com on there, it'll show me that I'll earn 9.6% cash back after my stay for just going to Hotels.com link through iConsumer website and prepay for my reservation. Please note that the percentage of cash back may vary from time to time depending on what type of promotion that the cash back site is having. 

Therefore, as long as you don't cancel your reservation and after your stay, you will earn 9.6% cash back on the total of your room's rate AND you still get to earn Hotels.com's rewards program as you normally do. Pretty sweet, right? Just make sure you sign up for an account on the cash back site so that you can keep track of your history and your earning, as well as getting paid. 

You Can Earn 9.6% Cash Back On Hotels.com By Going Through iConsumer Website

Introducing Cashback Monitor

There are so many cash back portal sites out there besides the iConsumer site. Some have higher percentage cash back offer than the others, and some offers for specific stores while the others don't. So for us to keep track all of that will be a pain. That's when Cashback Monitor comes in handy. 

Cashback Monitor is like a search engine for those cash back portal sites. The site is very self-explainatory. You go there and search for the store or online travel site that you plan on making purchases. You can compare and look at which cash back site gives the best cash back offers, and even airline miles offers. This is a great way to be able to earn cash back as high as possible on your each eligible purchases.

Conclusion

So there you have it. It's little bit forgetful at first to remind yourself to shop online through these cash back portal sites, but as days go by it'll become yet another of your crazy habits! You will enjoy the savings like I did when I made this following hotel's reservation on Hotels.com through iConsumer! I paid $243.99 for a hotel's reservation in New Zealand, and after my stays I got cash back of $50.75!

Remember, you can earn cash back on almost any online stores and travel agent's website. Just search for it on Cashback Monitor.

I Earned Cash Back of $50.75 from Hotels.com

If you enjoyed reading this post, sign up to receive free blog posts on travels via email here or like our Facebook Page. We greatly appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment